Live weather forecast of the Philippines:

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Some conversational Tagalog

Do you know how it's always great to know enough of a new language to strike a CONVERSATION? Sometimes knowing random words here and there just isn't enough. So I came across a site which teaches you how to talk about the FAMILY in tagalog! I thought it was really interesting so here it is!

Family

Mag-anak

Are you married?
May asawa ka ba?
Mäi äh-säh-wäh käh bäh?

I am single.
Wala pa akong asawa.
Wäh-läh päh äh-kong äh-säh-wäh

I am married.
May asawa ako.
Mäi äh-säh-wäh ä-koh.

How many children do you have?
Ilan ang anak mo?
Eeh-lähn äng äh-näk moh?

I have ...
Mayroon akong ...
Mäi-roh-ohn äh-kong ...

I don't have any children.
Wala akong anak.
Wäh-läh äh-kong äh-näk.

How many siblings do you have?
Ilan kayong magkakapatid?
Eeh-lähn käh-yohng mäg-käh-käh-päh-teed?

Is your spouse here?
Narito ba ang asawa mo?
Näh-ree-toh bäh äng äh-säh-wäh moh?

Do you have a boyfriend/girlfriend?
May nobyo/nobya ka?
Mäi nohb-yoh/nohb-yäh käh?

No comments: