Live weather forecast of the Philippines:

Monday, October 20, 2008

Christmas Desserts!

With the christmas season coming around, I thought it would be good to find out what I could bake/make this Christmas. Interestingly, I realized that the Filipinos have the world's longest christmas celebration in the world, lasting a total of 3 weeks from 16 December till 6 Jan.
Therefore this Christmas, I have decided to begin the Christmas cheer and spirit by making some of Filipinos' most favourite specialties

The bibingka

the bibingka is made of rice flour and typically served with grated coconut. Another option is to serve it with a scoop of vanila ice cream.

My all time favourite is to have it plain and fresh out of the oven... mmm

Puto Bumbong

Although I do not enjoy the Puto Bumbong as much, I find the way it is made fascinating. The steam glutinous rice (Puto) is cooked in standing bamboo or metal tubes (Bumbong) and ta da, a purple-coloured dish like the above is served.

Like me, try getting into the Christmas mood early and start making some of these delicious traditional desserts!

No comments: